A #Girlboss knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.
Greetings from the Sunshine State! I just got here yesterday and man, am I enjoying this beautiful weather! My aunt, uncle, and I drove down a day earlier than planned and surprised the whole family - they weren't expecting us until today! If you follow me on Snapchat you probably heard my shameless singing and random car selfies. Fun fact: if you want to snap an adventure but don't want anyone to see it right away, put your phone on airplane mode. It won't go through until you click retry. :) My family was so confused as to why they didn't see my story until after I arrived. Smart, huh. So I got lots of reading and stuff done on the ride down. Good news! Lots of great President's Day sales!
- So funny that I came across this Buzzfeed article. On the ride down, the three of us were reminiscing about the 90's. Some of these photos may seem kinda crazy but they were uncensored and I love that. A few things that were mentioned by the photographer who took these photos struck a cord. One of them being this statement: "Everyone was less guarded. It was truly about having fun. No one was doing selfies and pretending."
- Who remembers the computer game Oregon Trail? I found this so interesting.
- Old Navy; up to 50% off storewide. Stock up on those cute bathing suits! They sent me a 35% off coupon, too! Just use code: HUGE.
- Radiant Skin? Yes, please!
- So obsessed with these Dolce Vita Maura Flats in white. Perfect for Spring/Summer and I want 'em. I want 'em bad.
- Oh, how I love the FLASH sales at Loft. Extra 60% off sale on sale items. So these jeans with the cool hem? They were once $79.50 and are now 26 bucks.
- Sole Society; up to 60% off on select items. Love these for now and later.
- I love getting emails from Penguin Random House. They give you the scoop on all the good books. Remember one of my new year resolutions was to start reading more again? This is where I find out the latest on books. :)
- Nasty Gal; 50% off everything. Are they for real?!
Also, guess who's finally feeling better! After being put on prednisone and a whole bunch of other meds, I'm finally starting to looking human again. Let's hope that once I'm all cleared up, they can do this allergy test thingamajig and figure out what exactly is causing these eczema flareups. Can I be honest with you real quick? Every time I get one of these flare-ups, I feel guilty like I'm failing as a blogger. But the truth is, I'm not perfect and people get sick. When it happens, I really feel like I can barely make it through work sometimes (and I love my job). I always feel like I have to explain but I really have to stop beating myself up. I love blogging and everything that comes with it but there is this constant pressure to keep up. I refuse to give into that pressure because I refuse to give you guys content that I wouldn't read myself. So I'm going to stop excusing myself and start giving you my best when I'm feeling my best. If and when you notice that it's been awhile, just know that I'm probably just not feeling it. But I'll be back, promise. I love my blog baby way too much to leave it behind. Thank you guys for understanding and sticking around. You're the best. :)