Can we talk about how much I've missed you guys? As I'm sure you already know, I started a new job in July (which I love), and before I knew it the summer was almost over. But the real reason I've gone MIA is because this hasn't been the easier summer.
I've been going back and forth on even mentioning it but I don't want you all to think that I just put my blog on the back burner. I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before, but I suffer from eczema that gets pretty bad from time to time, mostly on my hands. Painful and embarrassing but its something that I've gotten used to for the most part. My skin is very sensitive, so when I got sun poisoning (I know, wth?) my body just went nuts. First it started off as a really bad sun burn, then what appeared to be hives, then a rash on my shoulders, arms, legs, chest, and a few spots on my face. It was horrible. I went to work that way, which wasn't easy but I managed to pull through. When I wasn't working, I was in bed because simply moving hurt. The sun is no joke, man. You know how you feel after a day at the beach? The sun literally drains you, right? Well, I felt just like that for a good month, at least. Now I'm feeling much better than before, thank God. I'm still recovering, so I try my best to stay out of the sun and heat just until its completely gone. Good news is that it is almost gone. What's left is some discoloration on my arms which is slowly beginning to blend in. My hands are also much better, but are taking the longest to heal. Nevertheless, I'm extremely lucky. I have the most amazing fiance who took care of me the entire time. Also, one of the new job perks was a week and a half off for the end of summer. #teacherlife As much as I wanted to spend it by the pool, I avoided the sun like the plague and used the time to rest. It was the best time off not to mention much needed. Honestly, I just didn't feel well enough to give my blog my all. Taking pictures was out of the question and I really just didn't want to put up content that I wouldn't even read. I take my blog seriously so if it meant I needed to take a break, thats what I was going to do. So that being said, now you know why I've been gone. I didn't quit or give up. I'm just getting myself back together. :) It sucks because summer outfits is what I was looking forward to showing you guys BUT its ok! Because everyone knows its all about the fall fashion, ANYWAY. ;) So hopefully these next few weeks will be jam packed with summer outfits that you can be inspired by for these last few weeks we have left of summer. If you made it through this loooooong post, thank you for reading. I promise I will slowly but surely get things back to normal around here. Usually This Weeks Links goes up on Monday's, but we're having a bit of a late start. I don't want to wait a minute longer to get this up sooooo....you know how this goes and if you're new around here I'm sure you'll catch on quickly. So who's ready to talk pre-Labor Day Sales and other random tidbits?
- Did you guys know that Forever 21 now has a section called Wedding Shop? No more searching through pages and pages of dresses. They are now categorized so whether you are a bride, bridesmaid, or a guest, you will find exactly what you need.
- How cool is this personalized initial case? I want one like now. They are laser engraved in Britain onto bamboo wood. Leave it to Etsy to have the cutest stuff ever.
- Guess is having a Labor Day sale; 30-50 % off THE ENTIRE SITE. I will be ordering this and this.
- These Vince Camuto Becker Slip-On Sneakers are a Fall must-have! I have a similar pair from The Loft but I might have to update them with these babies very soon.
- With New York Fashion Week just around the corner, it only makes sense to binge watch these fashion documentaries in preparation for one of my favorite times of the year.
- As you know, Sole Society kills it in the shoe game every single time for me. These booties are a great transition piece to wear now and right into the Fall.
- Asos is having a 20% OFF of fresh styles. I like this bomber jacket for day and this one to wear for a fun time out.
- The Zara sale is still going strong but everything is almost sold out. I just bought these trousers and these cool booties. I wasn't sure about the boots at first, but the price sure did convince me.
- And last but not least...did you guys see Beyonce's performance at the VMA's? If you missed it, check it out. It was SO GOOD.
Tomorrow I look forward to sharing my first outfit post in a LONG time. If you missed me as much as I missed you go check out my last three outfit post here, here, and here. Ahhh...so good to be back!