Happy Monday! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend! The hardest day of the week is over, thank God. I'm going to keep this post short and sweet being that I've had a very hard day and am pretty tired. I had this nice, long, detailed post that I've been working on since Friday and just when I was about to hit save my foot hit the switchboard and I lost everything. Maybe it's a sign from God saying to just kept it simple.
This post is all about what I call "my weekend go-tos". Every girl has that outfit that they feel most like themselves in. This is one of mine.
- Faux Leather Jacket: The perfect finishing touch to any outfit, if you ask me. I've wanted a black leather jacket for awhile now but still wasn't sure if I wanted to dish out the money for the real deal just yet. Knowing that, I kept my eyes open for a good faux leather option. I saw a few but was not completely satisfied until I saw this one. When buying a faux leather jacket, you have to pay close attention to the details. Try to stay away from anything too embellished. Too much hardware, for example, can make the jacket look cheap. This jackets only hardware details are the zippers. One down the middle, two zippered pockets, and two zippers on each sleeve. Enough to give it that city girl flair that I love without being too much. My favorite part of the jacket is the quilted details on the sleeves and collar. It's very subtle but adds dimension to an otherwise simple jacket.
- Black Top: You can't see much of it since I kept my jacket closed, but this is just a simple black round-neck top. You can never have too many black tops! Just as long as they vary in fabric and style. What makes this one special is the chiffon layer in the bottom. Black will always be my go-to when it comes to tops. I never have to think twice when I'm getting ready in a rush. It goes with everything and always looks good.
- Distressed Jeans: Once in a blue, you'll find a real gem in Forever 21. This was one of them. I love everything about these jeans. The rips, that shade of blue, and the way they came cuffed at the bottom! The more I wear them, (like I did here and here) the more worn in they look. Ugh, they're just perfect.
- Leopard Ballet Flats: Any ballet flats, really. But there is just something about a leopard print that makes me feel so chic. These flats quickly became one of my go-tos. I love that they fold up and fit into my bag. Sort of like those cheapie Dr. Scholls ones but cuter and more durable. I find myself throwing them in my bag all the time when I have to commute in boots and don't want to add any more bulk to what I am already carrying. They are also great for running errands on your days off. Just throw 'em on and go! I definitely plan on getting them in different colors and prints.
- Purse: This one fits all my essentials and has two pockets inside to hold my cash and ID (and my debit, metro card, and a lipstick or two). And besides, who doesn't love a good bag, especially a Louie? :)
Thanks for reading! Now I'm going to go sleep this crazy day off! Sweet dreams!
Photography by Anabella Veress