Sorry for the late post! It was supposed to go up much earlier today but Mike didn't have to go into work till later and I wanted to take advantage of the QT. It's been few and between lately since the both of us have been working so much. So, I've been DYING to share my favorites from the mid-season sales. Shop them below!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy shoes and that's kind of the same thing.
If God said, "you can only buy one item of clothing for the rest of your life, what is it?" I would probably say shoes. It would be a hard choice, but really, think about it. Shoes can make or break your outfit. You can literally switch out one pair for another and your whole outfit is transformed, not to mention they are your most worn item. Lastly, what better reason to buy new shoes than the fact that it's finally SPRING? There, I'm done. Go buy the shoes. Happy Saturday! :)
You have to be the kind of person to make the best out of a Tuesday. You know those people who live for the weekends? They're wishing their life away. You have to find something worth living for or else you'll look back and realize you've wasted your life away. -Drew Marvin
- I'm not too excited over the Season 24 DWTS line-up. BUT I do see myself warming up to a couple potential dancers.
- Francesca's is having a sale where a lot of their hot summer items are only $25!
- Mid-season sale at Zara's - love this top, these faux suede leggings, and this mustard bodysuit.
- I love this Madewell side-button midi skirt for for summer days at work. It's such a great length and the color is so bright and cheery.
- Such a pretty jumpsuit, again, great for work! I'm all about cute summer pieces for work!
- The Victoria Beckham x Target collab will be available April 9th! Cannot wait to see what its like!
- 21 Days of Beauty at Ulta! Stock up now until April 8th on all your beauty goodness!
- And in the name of tonight's dinner, I share with you one of my favorite pizza spots in The Bronx, Emilio's! Order the Chicken Vodka slice (they are famous for it) and thank me later!
No matter how long the winter, SPRING is sure to follow.
Today is the first day of spring (yay!) and although it's only a whopping 50 degrees, I do see the end of winter is near. Before we know it, we'll be getting that steady 60-degree weather that I love so much. Honestly, anything that requires just a sweater or light jacket is great weather for me! Ya hear that, mother nature? Not asking for much here!
While we wait for that to happen, let me share with you these outfit pictures that I took while on vacation is Florida. This is typical spring attire for me: a pretty blouse, jeans, sandals, and a pop of red on the lips. Something about polka dots and a red lip that makes me all warm in cheery inside. This outfit gives me classic 90's vibes, like something Julia Roberts in Pretty Women would wear on a "have a snap dog, cop a squat under a tree" kinda day. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the movie.) I don't know why, but anything with polka dots on it reminds me of Pretty Women. I obviously have a slight obsession with this movie and polka dots really bring that out. Since it is a colder here in NY, I would top this look off with a classic trench coat or a black shearling jacket, (two of my favorite spring must-haves) if you want to go with more of an urban vibe. I love these studded sandals but black boots or pumps would go just as well!
Speaking of spring must-haves, stay tuned for a blog post later this week on some of my favorite spring pieces. So, what do you think of this outfit? Is polka dots something you see yourself wearing or no? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. How handsome (and well dressed) is my baby brother! Miss him so much!
Be absolutely fearless about what people will say or think about you.
- I shared this before and I'll share it again. Since I've gotten sick, this has been key to maintaining these crazy skin issues at bay. It says it in bold. Skin conditions such as eczema start to improve.
- Subway seriously just grossed me out. Ugh.
- So obsessed with these slides from Steven Madden. Love!
- Some good things to know concerning your credit score.
- I'm a coffee addict and even this is ridiculous to me!
- Time to update my baseball cap collection and I'm thinking this one and this one because I, my friend, am obsessed with Madewell accessories.
- A good friend of mine just started her blog, it's called Bronx Girl. I'm sure you will love her creativity just as much as I do!
Everyone have a happy Monday!
I guess I can't say that I'm surprised that this trend came back. I'm also not mad at it. I have always been a fan of ankle bracelets, even as a kid. My mom was very big on them and she wore them all the time. She even got me a dainty gold one that I wore to death. Now that they are back in style, I can't wait to start wearing them, especially with warm weather around the corner. Automatically, I think of myself on the beach, walking barefoot in the sand. But imagine how cute this would look with a pretty sun dress or even peeking from under your ankle jeans?
This is definitely something I can get back into. Dainty or elaborate, whichever you choose, you're sure to make a statement. As for me, I just might need one of each! What do you think of the trend?
Own your power, your drive, and your dreams. -Tory Burch Foundation
Happy International Women's Day! I wanted to quickly show this inspiring video that I played for my homeroom class this morning. I'm sure you've seen a thousand post about today but this one really spoke to me. It talks about ambition, strength, and power - but most importantly, it talks about rising together. Make sure you not only recognize yourself, but the powerful women around you who make a difference in this world everyday. #Wearewomen.
Do sharks complain about Monday? No. They're up early, biting crap, chasing stuff, being scary - reminding everyone they're a freakin' shark.
- First of all, I'm all caught up on This Is Us, the new addition to my list of shows. At the end of each episode, I find myself asking "Why do I keep doing this to myself"? Almost to the point that I have to stop watching it. Ok, enough. I've already said too much. The show is such a tear jerker but so so good.
- My days are so busy sometimes (some days I'm at work for 12+ hours) that I'ms seriously thinking about meal prep. These looks so good, minus the meat. I'm thinking about incorporating seafood maybe twice a week. We'll see!
- Gingham is in this season and I'm loving these trousers. Such a pretty print!
- Slides have always kinda been my thing, even though Mike hates them and calls them the "old lady shoe". They've grown to be more popular in the last couple of years. I'm lusting over these but...never gonna happen. I'll settle for these, though!
- I just received these face earrings and these snake-embossed hoop earrings and I'm obsessed! I can't wait to show them on here. I did share a sneak peak of one pair on Instagram yesterday! (@xoxoFrancheska). I really love the jewelry selection at Mango's and I can't wait to buy more. I already have my eyes on a few things, too!
- OBSESSED with this red one-piece, my favorite color!
- I'm really feeling this suede dress.
She always wears black, but she has the most colorful mind.
Is there such a thing as wearing too much black? I don't think so. I think what matters is the difference between each black item in your closet - because let's be real - wearing all black never gets old. So whenever I see something I love in black, I make sure that it's like no other black item in my closet. Now, who wants to go back and count how many times I said black in this paragraph alone? Ha. :)
I didn't think twice about buying this embroidered kimono jacket from Francesca's. Possibly one of my new favorite stores, by the way. Not to mention, love the name. :) I've always admired the clothing but never purchased anything till my trip to North Carolina back in December. Mike actually did the shopping for me, I guess you can say he knows my style. When he pulled this off of the rack, I knew instantly that it would be a perfect addition to my growing collection of black. The embroidery on here is so beautiful and of course, it's what makes this kimono stand out. What I love most is the mix of colors, I never thought that burgundy, mustard, orange, aqua, and emerald would mesh so well together. I can't find it online, but this one is so similar!
Francesca's has a whole collection of beautiful embroidered pieces and are currently having a BOGO mixer where you can buy one item and get the second one-half off. To be honest, all their stuff is absolutely beautiful. Go shop them because the sale is only for a limited amount of time. Shop some of my favorite embroidered pieces below. If you love kimonos, check out this outfit post from last year!
I know it is a little early, but now that we are in March, spring is just a couple weeks away. March 20th, to be exact. (But who's counting?) Around this time is when I start to get the urge to ditch the heavy coats. Experiencing spring-like weather in Florida didn't help. This time last week I was wearing a pretty floral dress for my best friend's wedding. Today I had three layers and this huge blanket scarf. So, as I dream of shedding the layers little by little, let's take a look at some of my favorite spring jackets below.
Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
The joy of dressing is an art.
Can you imagine how exciting it must be to get ready for The Oscars? These three ladies were my absolute best dressed! If I had to choose between the three, I would choose the Alberta Ferretti gown worn by Taraji. The black, off the shoulder style with the high slit has me looking like the heart eyes emoji. Amazing.
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.
- Crazy story about people in China who still live in nuclear bunkers. I can't even imagine what that's life. Whenever you're thinking its bad, just remember there are people who are having it way worst. Be grateful.
- Finding out that we have a new coffee shop in the Bronx literally made my whole day - my week, even. It's called The Boogie Down Grind. I can't wait to check it out!
- I can't believe that Nasty Gal went bankrupt! Read about it here and shop the last of it here!
I'm sharing my top favorite Oscar looks tomorrow! I haven't done that in awhile. Check out some of the looks here.
Happiest of Monday's!
A #Girlboss knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.
Greetings from the Sunshine State! I just got here yesterday and man, am I enjoying this beautiful weather! My aunt, uncle, and I drove down a day earlier than planned and surprised the whole family - they weren't expecting us until today! If you follow me on Snapchat you probably heard my shameless singing and random car selfies. Fun fact: if you want to snap an adventure but don't want anyone to see it right away, put your phone on airplane mode. It won't go through until you click retry. :) My family was so confused as to why they didn't see my story until after I arrived. Smart, huh. So I got lots of reading and stuff done on the ride down. Good news! Lots of great President's Day sales!
- So funny that I came across this Buzzfeed article. On the ride down, the three of us were reminiscing about the 90's. Some of these photos may seem kinda crazy but they were uncensored and I love that. A few things that were mentioned by the photographer who took these photos struck a cord. One of them being this statement: "Everyone was less guarded. It was truly about having fun. No one was doing selfies and pretending."
- Who remembers the computer game Oregon Trail? I found this so interesting.
- Old Navy; up to 50% off storewide. Stock up on those cute bathing suits! They sent me a 35% off coupon, too! Just use code: HUGE.
- Radiant Skin? Yes, please!
- So obsessed with these Dolce Vita Maura Flats in white. Perfect for Spring/Summer and I want 'em. I want 'em bad.
- Oh, how I love the FLASH sales at Loft. Extra 60% off sale on sale items. So these jeans with the cool hem? They were once $79.50 and are now 26 bucks.
- Sole Society; up to 60% off on select items. Love these for now and later.
- I love getting emails from Penguin Random House. They give you the scoop on all the good books. Remember one of my new year resolutions was to start reading more again? This is where I find out the latest on books. :)
- Nasty Gal; 50% off everything. Are they for real?!
Also, guess who's finally feeling better! After being put on prednisone and a whole bunch of other meds, I'm finally starting to looking human again. Let's hope that once I'm all cleared up, they can do this allergy test thingamajig and figure out what exactly is causing these eczema flareups. Can I be honest with you real quick? Every time I get one of these flare-ups, I feel guilty like I'm failing as a blogger. But the truth is, I'm not perfect and people get sick. When it happens, I really feel like I can barely make it through work sometimes (and I love my job). I always feel like I have to explain but I really have to stop beating myself up. I love blogging and everything that comes with it but there is this constant pressure to keep up. I refuse to give into that pressure because I refuse to give you guys content that I wouldn't read myself. So I'm going to stop excusing myself and start giving you my best when I'm feeling my best. If and when you notice that it's been awhile, just know that I'm probably just not feeling it. But I'll be back, promise. I love my blog baby way too much to leave it behind. Thank you guys for understanding and sticking around. You're the best. :)
Dear Monday, thanks for having the word "mon" in you. Thats French for "mine", in case you weren't aware, Monday, but it makes me think of you more as "my day", and frankly that sounds like a much more promising start to the week.
Happy Monday! My day. Your day. Let's make the best of it, shall we?
- Lots of Grammy chatter on the internet. I tuned into E for some Red Carpet fashion and saw this - my heart melted.
- What did you think of Beyonce's look at the awards?
- Jennifer Lopez and Chrissy Teigen killed it on the Red Carpet. Hands down.
- I've been obsessing over soft pinks for Valentine's Day, as I'm sure you've noticed from the photo above. This padded bomber jacket is perfect for whatever outing you have planned for your special day. Not to mention the fact that it'll take you straight into Spring.
- Check out my cousin's YouTube channel. Her personality is contagious and you'll fall in love with daughter!
- I've already checked out of winter and am slowly but surely looking at warm-weather pieces like this high-waist bikini.
- Not to mention the fact that Nordstrom's sandal collection is everything.
Now excuse me while I go grab my cup of coffee.
Self confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it.
This day was just one of those days. I had a date with my cousin and I woke up just knowing I was experiencing another flare-up. Which, by the way, is once again eczema but more on that another day. Instead of letting it ruin my day, I made it work for me. This hat has saved me on several occasions, mainly bad hair days. I originally wanted to wear my hair out and curly but since the flare-up was on my forehead, I decided against it. It was easy to work into my outfit since it practically goes with anything anyway. I knew when I bought it that I would wear it in more ways than one. Lucky you, it's still available and now on major sale. I'm a little jealous that you'll be getting it for almost half the price!
Just so you know, I froze my behind off while taking these pictures so I hope you know the love is real! I've been dying to show you guys this faux shearling-lined jacket. When it comes to jackets, bigger is always better. I love a good structured jacket but nothing beats that "borrowed from the boys" feel that I get from this boyfriend jacket. I love the fact that it's oversized but not overwhelming on my small frame. Can you really go wrong with a black denim jacket? Don't think so! The faux shearling collar is a nice touch, too! The key to pulling off an oversized jacket is to keep the rest of your outfit sleek. A black turtleneck tucked into blue high-waist jeans and black booties really pulled the look together. The best part of this outfit is how well it transitions into the spring by simply taking off the coat and hat.
I can't wait to see what you think of this look! I've been thinking about doing one of those "wear now, wear later" kind of post where I show you how you can transition certain clothing items into the next season. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!
But first, champagne. I mean coffee...it's Monday.
Welcome to the first Monday of the month of February! I have a love/hate relationship with February. I dread it because...I freakin' hate the cold and everyone knows that mother nature rears its ugliest of heads during February. But in February we also celebrate all sorts of great things like Black History Month and Valentines Day - who doesn't love the excuse to spread the love? I also get a week off for winter recess which meeeeeans...road trip to Florida at the end of the month! Looks like February is going to be a good one! Let us start off with some of my fave links this week.
- I've been loving the new cone booties trend - the neutral cone heel against this (still going strong) on trend color is everything.
- For everyone who makes fun of me, IT IS A THING.
- All of the Netflix goodness that will be available in February.
- Lady Gaga's performance during the Superbowl Halftime had me dancing around my living room like a mad woman. That being said, I pulled up her newest album on iTunes (why didn't I do this sooner?) and jammed my way through this blog post. So, so good.
- I've been seeing stars everywhere in fashion lately and you all know how much I love a good statement pair of earrings.
- I've really been wanting to do something new with my hair. Definitely going back to my dark roots (as I always do) and possibly cutting some piece-y bangs.
- It seems like you can make an apartment out of anything these days.
Oh, so New Year resolutions? Did anyone make them? It's not too late. The truth behind New Year resolutions is you make them in January, let them marinate in your brain all month and then decide which ones you actually want to go through with. Says who? Says me. :) I have a few but I won't be sharing them all on here. Two of said resolutions are to 1. Travel more and 2. Read more. These are two of my favorite things that I for whatever reason don't do often enough and I really want to change that. So starting today, the first Monday in February, I will be starting a new book (goal is 100 this year). I also have a couple trips planned in the next 6 months that I'm really looking forward to. So that being said, can you guys suggest any good reads? I also need some travel destinations - out of state and local suggestions are welcome!
When I tell you I have been dying to show you this outfit, please believe me because it's true. I showed you sneak peeks here and there via Instagram and Snapchat but not of the whole look. You know how I feel about super trendy pieces - not really my thing. BUT I do have a thing for the 90's (remember this outfit?) and I just couldn't resist the buy.
These overalls? Love 'em. They take me back to carefree times when I would play hopscotch in the school yard. Back then I wanted to be "the cool girl" and rock it with one strap while the other one hung casually on the side. You know, TLC vibes. Although I'm not opposed to wearing it that way now, I decided to go a chicer route and pair it with a sleek black turtleneck and these ankle booties that I love. And I just had to wear these gold bamboo earrings like the true Bronx girl that I am. :)
The great thing about these overalls is that they are much versatile than you think. You can wear them under sweaters and they become the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans, which I have yet to find. So hey! If it works, wear it. Nothing like getting more bang for your buck.
So what do you think, are you just as obsessed as I am with this look? I'm also thinking about buying this pair for the summer. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Periwinkle. Sounds so magical, doesn't it? I would say this color is a toss between lavender and powder blue. I've seen different variations of the color - some darker than others - like the Free People Kiss and Tell Lace Mini shown below. You can be sweet in the velvet mini dress, sophisticated in this drape neck dress, or romantic in this lace ruffle shell top. You can't go wrong with the basics. Change things up for work! Instead of the typical white button-up, reach for this cotton blouse and pair it with gray trousers. This Topshop T-shirt and F21 Bodysuit will be your new weekend besties. And these ankle wrap heels? They go with every single outfit I mentioned and more.
What do you think of this color? Let me know in the comments below!
And the usual, This Weeks Links. Happy Monday! Are you ready to jumpstart this week, or what? When I went on my trip to North Carolina, I tried really hard not to 1. overpack and 2. bring anything unnecessary (ie. stilettos). But you still never know. So when planning my outfits, I made sure to pack something other than jeans just in case (because again, you never know). So if you haven't guessed it yet, this is my "just in case" outfit when you "just don't know". You can't go wrong with a good ol' sweater and leather leggings combo. This outfit had a whole lot of edge going on, so I softened it up a bit with this brown mock turtleneck. I didn't know that the choker would work so well with this sweater since the neckline is high. Luckily, it did!
- It was quite a surprise to find out that The South Bronx made it to this list but also pretty cool.
- What's your lipstick personality?
- Ever wonder what today's hits would have sounded like in the 80's? Wonder no more.
- Zara still has great things on major sale and it seems like they're adding more every day.
- and H&M is not too far behind!
- I'm always open to healthy lunch recipe options.
I hope everyone has a great start of the week. Remember to make it count and make this week a good one!
Today will be a special Monday post. Since I've been sucking miserably with blog posts so far this year, I decided to hit you guys with a two for one. As I normally do on Monday's, I will be sharing This Weeks Links plus a special outfit post because, you know, I just love you guys like that.
Me: "It's cold outside, I should close my jacket." My brain: "Keep it open so everyone can see your outfit." Me. "But it's co..." My brain: "THE OUTFIT". I stole this off a meme, obviously. But how true is this? It's ok, you can admit that you're guilty of it, too. I won't tell anybody. As soon as I read it, I laughed to myself and immediately thought of these pictures. It was ridiculously cold and rainy this day yet I still felt the need to show off my outfit, or my belt rather.
By now you all know that, for the most part, my outfits are pretty simple. I rely on accessories like shoes, bags, and most recently belts to elevate my looks. I was looking for a black or brown western belt when I came across this one in red. I decided that it would be a good piece to add to my wardrobe even though it wasn't really what I was looking for. I'm really happy that I did. I find myself reaching for the belt every time I think my outfit needs a little something extra. So far I've worn it over tunics, dresses, and looped through my high waisted jeans. What a lucky find!
Now for This Weeks Links. I'm going to change up the format a bit today for the sake of space. I already feel like this post is going a little long but whatever. :) 2017 has me thinking about changing up my space. I can't necessarily afford that right now so I enjoyed reading this article on way to make your home better without redecorating. I hosted a brunch on Sunday and it left me wanting more. I made Rice Crispy French Toast (which was amazing) but I think next time I might skip the pre-made boxed mix and make pancakes from scratch. I read this story about a man who hijacked a plane and lived in Cuba for over forty years...yeah...crazy.
FYI, I tried LES Kitchen for the first time and I must say, it was pretty yummy. It was definitely worth the cheat meal and the portions were perfect so it didn't feel like I over indulged. I'm obviously screaming for warmer weather with my open coat and lemonade. How many more days to spring? Ha ha.
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes of all time, " I have decided to stick with love, hate is too great a burden to bear."